A decadent treat that’s refined sugar-free, gluten-free and dairy-free.
Coconut Rough was one of my favourite sweet treats when I was younger – so I just had to make you guys a healthy version! Coconut is incredible for hair growth and strength, increasing your skin’s natural glow, reducing high blood pressure and cholesterol as well as encouraging proper digestion and a speedy metabolism! Talk about a nutritional powerhouse! This satiating yet decadent treat is refined sugar-free, gluten-free and dairy-free – perfect for a healthy indulgence. Enjoy xo
• 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
• 1/2 cup cacao powder
• 5-6 medjool dates, pitted
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
• 1/2 cup shredded coconut
• Goji berries, dried rose petals to decorate
1. Add coconut oil, cacao powder, cinnamon, sea salt and dates to a food processor. Process until smooth.
2. In a large bowl, combine desiccated coconut and shredded coconut. Pour over cacao-coconut mixture and stir to combine.
3. Spoon the mixture into a lined baking dish, top with a handful of goji berries and a few dried rose petals, and place in freezer to set for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from freezer and slice. Enjoy immediately.
• This Coconut Rough keeps in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
October 26, 20169:56am