A go-to nutritious meal that’s quicker than take-away.
When I need a dinner that’s ready in a flash, a quick and veggie-packed stir-fry is my go-to. This is the perfect spring meal, great for clean eating as it is filled with brassica vegetables – my favourite liver-detoxifying superfoods! Feel free to mix and match, get creative and add whatever vegies you have in the fridge!
• 2 small chicken breasts, organic and sliced thinly
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• ½ red onion
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1 tsp chilli flakes
• ½ red cabbage
• ½ bunch of kale, leaves stripped
• ½ head broccoli
• 2 tbsp tamari
• 1 tbsp sesame seeds
1. On a large chopping board, slice red onion thinly. Chop broccoli into small florets. Shred kale and finely slice red cabbage. Set aside.
2. Heat coconut oil in a large non-stick fry pan on medium-heat.
3. Add red onion and sauté until translucent.
4. Mince 2 garlic cloves and add to pan, sauté until golden and fragrant.
5. Add chicken and sauté until cooked through. Drizzle 1 tbsp tamari sauce and a sprinkle of chilli flakes.
6. Add all chopped vegetables to the pan and continue to sauté, adding another 1 tbsp of tamari sauce. Sauté on high heat for a further 3-5 minutes, until vegetables are cooked.
7. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and some extra chilli flakes. Divine into bowls and serve with brown rice, if desired.
November 2, 20167:44am