Perfect for vegetarians or a healthy dinner party – plus the leftovers make a divine lunch next day.
This is one of my favourite warming salads – spiced up with harissa and tasty goats cheese – and full of nutritional benefits! Cauliflower contains sulforaphane, which aids kidney function and improves blood pressure levels – it’s also anti-inflammatory, rich in vitamin C and K and is incredible for the liver! Chickpeas are a great plant-based form of protein plus the tahini and walnuts are full of good-for-you satiating fats! This dish is perfect for vegetarians or a healthy dinner party – and the leftovers make for a divine lunch the next day.
Harissa-Spiced Cauliflower & Chickpea Salad with Goat Cheese, Walnut & Mint
Serves: 2 as a main, 4 as a side
1 cauliflower head, cut into florets
1/2 cup walnuts
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
1x 400g can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3 tbsp goats cheese
2-3 cups rocket leaves
Handful of mint leaves
2 tsp harissa spice
2 tbsp olive oil
Himalayan salt and pepper
3 tbsp hulled tahini
1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup warm water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. On a lined baking tray, arrange cauliflower florets, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with harissa spice, salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 10 minutes then remove.
3. Add halved tomatoes, chickpeas and walnuts to the cauliflower on the baking tray and drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp olive oil. Return baking tray to oven and roast for a further 15-20 minutes, until cauliflower is golden and chickpeas are crispy.
4. Meanwhile, whisk all dressing ingredients in a small bowl until combined, adding more water until desired consistency is reached.
5. Lay rocket on a large serving board and top with roasted cauliflower, tomatoes, chickpeas and walnuts.
6. Top with goats cheese and mint leaves. Drizzle over dressing and serve.
August 31, 20162:06pm